FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 1, 2015
For more information, contact:
The days of digging through tattered cookbooks to find a new recipe or an old standby may be coming to an end. Today, top-rated apps for smartphones and tablets can help you plan and follow recipes, seek advice, build grocery lists and share favorite dishes. With so many great apps available, it’s no surprise that a recent U.S. Cellular survey found that 45 percent of smartphone users looked up recipes or planned a meal on their device, and 65 percent used their smartphone at the grocery store at least once a month to ensure they had everything needed for recipes¹.
“Mobile devices and apps can help enhance culinary skills by putting a wealth of practical cooking-related information and recipes in the palms of users’ hands,” said Jack Brundige, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Tennessee. “With a cutting edge device and U.S. Cellular’s high-quality network that keeps you connected nationwide, both experienced and aspiring chefs can simplify the meal planning and preparation experience.”
U.S. Cellular recommends the following free apps to help all types of chefs uncover new recipes, plan their next culinary masterpiece, and impress family and friends with an unforgettable meal experience.
- Find inspiration: Access more than 350,000 recipes, featured collections and menus that are curated by season, holiday, course, lifestyle and diet with the BigOven Review ratings from other home cooks and save recipes from your favorite sites, all in one place.
- Learn from the pros: Get instant access to celebrity chefs and thousands of their most popular recipes with In the Kitchen, an award-winning app from the Food Network. You can check out helpful how-to videos on select recipes, save your favorite Food Network recipes and access your own personal recipes on FoodNetwork.com.
- Make the best of your fridge’s contents: The FridgeCheck app gives you a list of recipes based on the supplies you have in your fridge. Choose the ingredients you have on hand, select the type of meal you want to cook and choose the amount of time you have for meal preparation. This unique app will provide you with suggestions that you can bring to life in your kitchen!
- Simplify your grocery list: Let’s face it, making a hand written grocery list every time you go to the store is inefficient and easily forgotten. With the Grocery iQ app you can build grocery lists quickly from a database of millions of items, easily add frequently purchased items to new lists, and search for and filter favorites to build lists quickly. You can even add items by pointing your camera at a product’s barcode, as well as share your lists with friends and family.
- Mix like a pro: Under the right circumstances, a beautiful home cooked meal may not be complete without well-paired libations. Whether you’re a novice bartender or a full-blown mixologist, the Mixology app is a great tool for preparing an impressive beverage. Browse and search through more than 7,900 drink and cocktail recipes. Plus, the “Liquor Cabinet” tab lets you enter the liquor and mixer types you have on hand and search the Mixology database for cocktails that you can make with those ingredients.
¹ Results are from a nationally-representative online survey of 738 smartphone owners conducted by U.S. Cellular in partnership with Maritz Research from November 12-20, 2014.
Additional data charges may apply. 4G LTE service provided through King Street Wireless, a partner of U.S. Cellular. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier has a strong line-up of cutting-edge devices that are all backed by a high-quality network in big and small cities and rural communities. Currently, 94 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds, and 98 percent will have access by the end of 2015. U.S. Cellular was named a J.D. Power and Associates Customer Champion in 2014 for the third time in four years. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.