Spring is upon us. Marie Kondo’s cleaning method has taken the millennial generation by storm and inspired them to complete their tidying adventures. When it comes to smartphones, there are ways for people to follow suit and tidy them up so they can work more efficiently.
During a mobile device “spring sweep,” consumers can refresh the outside of their device by getting rid of germs and grime. They can revitalize the inside to boost efficiencies, battery life and available storage.
“Smartphones, such as the iPhone XS and Samsung Galaxy S10, can do so much to enhance our lives, so we recommend keeping devices clean and updated to get the most out of them,” said Nathan Waddell, U.S. Cellular’s director of sales for East Tennessee. “You can wipe off debris on the outside and de-clutter the inside by deleting unused apps and backing up data.”
U.S. Cellular offers the following tips for people to tidy their smartphone – inside and out – to clear unnecessary clutter:
* App Time to Organize: Just like organizing your bedroom, garage or kitchen, you can consolidate apps into categories, such as games, news and social media, or free up space by deleting apps that you no longer use.
* Cellphone Spring Clean: You should clean devices frequently with a soft, slightly damp lint-free cloth. You also can avoid spreading germs by using a hands-free headset, staying off a device while in the restroom and not sharing your phone with others.
* Cloudy Conditions: According to a recent U.S. Cellular survey1, respondents said they would be most concerned about losing their photos if they ever lost their phone. Photos are items that spark joy in a lot of people, so you should consolidate and save them in the cloud with free apps, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud or Microsoft OneDrive.
* Inbox in Limbo: Is your mobile inbox in overflow mode? It can be helpful to set up folders in your smartphone email to keep things simple and more organized.
* Stay in Contact: When was the last time you reviewed your contact list? This is a good time to make sure your contacts are updated with current phone numbers and emails.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier is building a stronger network with the latest 5G technology and offers a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or www.uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.