In the wake of the devastation caused by the wildfires in East Tennessee, Cherokee Distributing Company and MillerCoors teamed up in an attempt to provide relief to those affected by this tragedy. The two companies are pleased to announce a joint donation of $12,000 to the fire departments that bravely fought the wildfires in Blount and Sevier counties.
Each of the following fire departments will receive a $1,000 gift for their bravery and sacrifice:
- Blount County Fire Department
- Caton Chapel Volunteer Fire Department
- English Mountain Volunteer Fire Department
- Kodak Fire Department
- Pigeon Forge Fire Department
- Pittman Center Volunteer Fire Department
- Sevier County Rescue Squad
- Sevier County Volunteer Fire Department
- Sevierville Fire Department
- Seymour Fire Department
- Walden’s Creek Volunteer Fire Department
- Wears Valley Volunteer Fire Department
“More often than not, our first responders go underappreciated while risking everything,” said East Tennessee MillerCoors representative Brandon Johnson. “We are grateful for our firefighters whose service is the highest level of bravery and selflessness.”
For every case of Coors Banquet beer sold during the month of December, Cherokee Distributing Company and MillerCoors donated 50 cents to local fire departments whose areas were affected by the fires. The proceeds from the campaign totaled $12,000.
“Thanks to MillerCoors for stepping up to help provide solace to these brave first responders who sacrificed so much to save lives and protect our Smoky Mountains,” Cherokee Distributing Company General Manager Jeff Knight said.
Cherokee Distributing Company
To learn more about Cherokee Distributing Company, visit www.cherokeedistributing.com.